Thursday, July 2, 2015

Today is enough.

Every summer, actually maybe every season, to be honest, I start to go a little stir crazy. I get cabin-fever about my life a little bit. I run every conceivable errand I can dream up, I contact everyone I know, and I develop a mindset where nothing is ever finished, good-enough, or complete.  I noticed hits of this this morning.
I had the morning off and no plans until work at 4 so I made plans with myself to run a few white girl errands to in order fill the morning time in my day and fight off the cabin fever. It was a great morning. Stopped for coffee, chatted with my co-worker, then met a friend at the beach house to help give her back her bike we've held hostage for 2 years (no exaggeration), went to the mall, used my birthday eyebrows appointment, returned some shoes, scored at a bath & body works Sale, and bought some dairy free gluten free "freeze" from Pressed juicery. *Sidenote- I have an ongoing joke about how much I hate juicing... but I heard they had dairy free fro yo and I'm recently lactose intolerant so that's how that came about.
It was one of those mornings where for no huge reason, but a bunch of small ones, you're really enjoying yourself in the mundane.  You're treating yourself well, not over-spending or wasting time, but being particular and intentional about where you're money and time is going. I've realized that I need these mornings.  I spend a lot of time working and a lot of time with people.  Maybe not as much as other people, but enough to notify me that I need to clear out space for Sara mornings in order to be nice person
All that to say, once I got home, I found myself already planning more and more. What will I eat when I get home from work? When can I go see this movie? When should I start packing for my vacation? Who should I meet for coffee this weekend?
and as these questions flooded my wild brain, I heard a small voice whisper, "Today Is Enough."
Seems like a cliche phrase, but really, I don't think I've ever had that thought before and trusted in it.
Today is Enough.
There have been times in my life where my worry about the future has been OFF THE CHARTS.  I'm in a season right now though, where that worry has quieted down enough to hear, "Today is Enough."

Thank you Lord for giving me the clarity of head to hear you and whispering to my heart words of your pleasure, delight, and soveriegn control in an insane world.


No comments:

Post a Comment